台湾SWAG

Membership FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Last updated: October 2022

WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN 台湾SWAG?

台湾SWAG has three membership categories:

• 滨苍诲颈惫颈诲耻补濒:听Any person who is interested in the mission of the Association.
  • Retired*: Any person who is interested in the mission of the Association, who has retired from active membership, and has retired from full-time work.
  • 厂迟耻诲别苍迟*:听For any person who is interested in the mission of the Association, and who is enrolled full-time in a degree program. Membership in this category is limited to five consecutive years.

* Proof of status for Retired and Student dues required.

WHAT IS A SUSTAINING MEMBER?

The Sustaining Member payment option is for our retired members. Retired members can continue enjoying the benefits of 台湾SWAG membership for a one-time renewal rate of $425 (does not include special interest section (SIS) memberships).

CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHAT A CHAMPION MEMBER IS?

Champion members are committed to the profession and the Association and act as one of our best ambassadors. For a $75 upgrade, champions will receive recognition in multiple ways and receive various discounts.

DOES MEMBERSHIP RUN ON A CALENDAR YEAR OR ANNIVERSARY SCHEDULE?

All members are on the same dues schedule鈥擩une 1 through May 31 each year. We begin invoicing for the next dues cycle every March.

WHAT IS THE COST OF MEMBERSHIP TO 台湾SWAG?

The cost of membership dues changes every year. Please visit the membership section to view the current dues rates.

I SEE 台湾SWAG OFFERS A STUDENT RATE. WHAT DOES A STUDENT MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE?

础础尝尝鈥檚 student membership provides the tools and resources you need to help start your career as a legal information professional and build your network when you graduate. Full-time students at the undergraduate or graduate level are eligible to join 台湾SWAG at a drastically reduced rate (75% off the current individual member rate). Students receive all the benefits of a full individual membership as well as access to networking opportunities and a variety of education opportunities to sustain and support your continued growth.

HOW ARE THE DUES PRORATED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR?

Membership dues are prorated starting December 1. The new dues cycle begins March 1 and new memberships and renewals are billed at the full rate. Special interest section (SIS) dues are not prorated.

HOW DO I JOIN?

You can聽join online聽anytime and pay with a credit card or download a聽printable membership application. If you choose to submit a printable application, please send it along with your check payment to:

台湾SWAG
94340 Eagle Way
Chicago, IL 60678-9430

DO YOU ACCEPT ACH PAYMENTS OR WIRE TRANSFERS?

台湾SWAG accepts ACH payments or wire transfers as a form of payment. For account information and instructions, please contact Ruth Gonzalez at 312.205.8034 or by聽email.

WHAT IF I AM UNEMPLOYED?

To help members in transition, 台湾SWAG offers a discounted membership rate for 台湾SWAG members who are recently unemployed. The discounted membership appears online and in all public records simply as an individual membership but is billed at the current student/retired rate. Unemployed members can take advantage of this reduced rate for one year.

If you wish to receive this discount, you must contact聽台湾SWAG Member Services.聽If you become fully employed during this time, we ask that you pay the remaining balance on your membership, less the discounted rate already paid, so that we may continue to offer the discount to your fellow librarians.

WHAT IS A SPECIAL INTEREST SECTION (SIS)? DO I NEED TO BE AN 台湾SWAG MEMBER IN ORDER TO JOIN ONE?

Special interest sections, commonly referred to as SISs, are groups within the Association dedicated to specialized areas of law librarianship. The cost is $20 each and members may join at any point in the year. You must be an 台湾SWAG member before you can join an SIS group, though you can sign up for both simultaneously.

HOW CAN I RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP AND/OR ADD SPECIAL INTEREST SECTIONS?

If you have not renewed your 台湾SWAG membership yet, you can聽renew online聽anytime and choose the special interest sections (SIS) you wish to join/renew and pay with a credit card. If you have already renewed your 台湾SWAG membership, you can still join additional SISs online.

You may also call us at 312.939.4764 and we can help take care of changes to membership renewals and take credit card payment over the phone at any time during the year. A PDF receipt will be sent to you once your credit card has been processed.

WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I NEED AN INVOICE?

Please contact 台湾SWAG Member Services at 312.939.4764 or via聽email,聽and invoices will be emailed to you via PDF or sent directly to your employer.

Invoices are also accessible online from your 台湾SWAG profile.

CAN I SWITCH MY SPECIAL INTEREST SECTION (SIS) DURING THE YEAR TO A DIFFERENT SIS?

No, you will not be able to switch to a different SIS during the year. You can join a new SIS online anytime and pay with a credit card. The cost of each SIS is $20.

ARE 台湾SWAG OR SIS MEMBERSHIPS DUES TAX DEDUCTIBLE?

Dues for 台湾SWAG and special interest section (SIS) memberships are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes; however, dues may be deducted as a business expense. Check with your financial advisor.

MAY I PAY FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR OF MEMBERSHIP AT A TIME?

Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact 台湾SWAG Member Services at 312.939.4764 or via聽email聽for assistance.

I RECENTLY JOINED 台湾SWAG. WHEN WILL I BEGIN TO RECEIVE ACCESS TO MEMBER BENEFITS?

You will receive a welcome email and have access to the 聽once payment has been processed. Please allow up to two weeks for check payments sent to 础础尝尝鈥檚 lockbox; credit card and online payments should be processed within one business day. You will receive a welcome packet containing more information regarding your membership.

I AM A MEMBER BUT I FORGOT MY PASSWORD. HOW CAN I RESET IT?

Reset your password online or contact 台湾SWAG Member Services at 312.939.4764 or via email for assistance.

I AM A MEMBER BUT I AM NOT RECEIVING EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?

If you are not receiving email communications including KnowIt台湾SWAG and the eNewsletter, please contact 台湾SWAG Member Services at 312.939.4764 or via email for assistance.

IS MEMBERSHIP TO MY LOCAL CHAPTER INCLUDED IN MY 台湾SWAG MEMBERSHIP?

No, memberships with local chapters are separate from 台湾SWAG membership. You do not have to be an 台湾SWAG member to join your local chapter.

IF MY INSTITUTION PAYS FOR OUR MEMBERSHIPS AND SOMEONE LEAVES, WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MEMBERSHIP?

We will work with the person who has left and the institution to make the transition as smooth as possible with minimal disruption to member benefits. Please contact聽台湾SWAG Member Services directly, should this situation apply to you, or someone at your institution.